View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Default Chapter

Chapter

Tuesday, Spike managed to wangle himself an afternoon off from the garage. He hung
around May's house until he saw Lacey leave with her beach towel and suntan oil. Then
he let himself in through the screen door and went straight to May's workroom May
was working on a large female nude. It was still in the very rough stages, but already
Spike could see the source of inspiration, in the full tits and hips, the wide, innocent
eyes.
"That's some picture, May. I never would have thought you'd get that sweet-looking
young thing to take off her clothes for you."
The man's tone was full of insinuations that made May hostile. "You know, Spike? I
don't like to lock my doors. I don't like to think paranoid. But, just for you, I'm
thinking of putting up a chain-link fence! Now get the hell out of here! I'm working!"
She turned back to her canvas, but Spike surprised her by pulling the brush from her
hand. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Spike sometimes got rough with her,
but never this rough. She thought she could see hostility in his still-smiling eyes.
"I've got to talk to you, May. Now, go pour us a couple of doubles, that's a good girl."
He patted her ass as she rose to do as she was told. One of the things Spike liked most
about May: she was tough, her own woman, but she knew when it was smart not to be
tough.
It made May uncomfortable, the way Spike stared at her all the time they were
drinking. His look gradually convinced her that he was holding an ace up his sleeve.
She began to squirm uncomfortably on her stool. "I've really got to get back to work,
Spike. I'm a couple of days behind..."